This exciting drive is a yearly favorite! It combines two of our favorite roads from QDMs past: The Cherohala Skyway and Wayah Road. A perfect blend of spirited sections with a few moderate sections in between, this is a great drive to flex your Quattro.
- From Hiawassee, we'll head west to Murphy and then north around Hiwassee Lake. Our first stop will be near the Hiwassee dam for a stretch and pictures.
- Next stop is Telico Plains where we will stop for a group lunch at one of our favorites; the size of our group will dictate our choices.
- The next segment will be the beautiful Cherohala Skyway in its entirety, approximately 50 miles, taking in beautiful scenery, sweeping curves and plenty of elevation change. We'll stop a few times to stretch our legs and enjoy the views.
- At the end of the Skyway, we'll take another stretch break and stop for gas before heading out for Wayah road.
- Onto Wayah Road, that's 28 miles of secluded twists and turns and more beautiful scenery.
- After Wayah, we'll head back to The Ridges Resort
This drive is approximately 208 miles and is planned for a 6-1/2 hour duration (including stops) departing Friday morning.