Volunteer at QDM
We'd love your help!
Quattro de Mayo is planned and run solely by volunteers. As the event continues to grow, so does the need for dedicated volunteers. There are several ways loyal attendees can help out at the event:
- Set-up: help the event team prepare for check-in before it first opens on Thursday. Transport event goodies (attendee swag, raffle items, signage, etc) to the HQ hotel, unpack, setup signage organize check-in room.
- Check-in: process check-ins for attendees as they arrive. Collect waiver signatures, distribute swag, sell raffle tickets and educate attendees on the schedule and event in general.
- Cook-out / Banquet set-up and tear-down: setup tables and chairs, transport raffle items, man the grill, serve food, schmooze.
- Parking lot marshal: assist group leaders with staging cars and sending groups out. Direct traffic and remind drivers to turn on their radios and tune them to the right channel.
- Group Tail: every drive needs a designated tail. This person will be the final car in the group and will communicate with the group leader. If the group is split, the tail, who must know the route, will move to the head of the separated group.
- Group Leader: every drive needs an experienced group leader. Group leaders must be veteran QDM attendees with an excellent knowledge of the area and their drive's route. We require that all drives be "reconned" in the weeks leading up to the drive to ensure the route is feasible. Group leaders must also be skilled drivers with plenty of restraint, and solid communication skills. We also recommend group leaders have a "co-pilot", spare radio, and a GPS programmed with the route.
And, in the months leading up to the event, you can help out by:
- Cultivating relationships with potential sponsors
- Spreading the word to your friends